Wednesday, June 21, 2006

General Convention: Some More

Hey Everybody,

I miss you all. What has begun to happen (and you can see this clearly in my last few posts) is that I have been here so long, I have forgotten what is important and what's just not that much. The truth is most of the legislation passed here won't effect our life in Pearl River much at all. And whether or not we rejoice in the "Windsor Process" or not won't matter at the horseshoe game at the picnic.

What's really important, after all, in our church life is a commitment to Jesus Christ and responsibilities to loving each other in his name. I think we do a really good job of that at St. Stephen's and I have to say, I think that national church does a good job, too. What you won't hear about in the news or the resolutions is how friendships were made between people who disagree with each other about "key" matters.

Whether in elevators, by the pool (yes, there was a rooftop pool), at restaurants, or walking to the convention center each day real dialogue, good stories and just good fun was had. This convention was a grace-filled and wonder-filled experience for me and even though I am happy to be coming home, I will miss the people I met here. Thanks to you all for your support and encouragement in being here.

I love and miss you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home