Thursday, May 04, 2006

2,000 Hits!

Well, it's official. Sometime early this week we reached the milestone of two thousand hits on our blog. Technology still feels like a miracle to me. . . I remeber the fax machine being introduced, the answering machine, the personal computer. Of course I also had an 8 track tape player and someone must have bought those beta tapes instead of VHS. All in all, I think technolgy is a wonderful gift and I am all in favor of anything that helps us stay in touch. So praise be to God for the blog!

3 Comments:

At 4:02 AM, Blogger DrMurray said...

In 1980 I bought a car that had an 8-track player, and I had to find 8-track versions of my favorite albums (which is itself an old-tech word). Luckily, this was when 8-tracks were fading and I was able to find a lot of good stuff in 99 cent bins. In the 70s, I had mostly vinyl albums and a cheap cassette deck. I never "got" the 8-track idea, where the track would shift in the middle of a song, and you would hear 10 seconds of silence right in the middle of, say, "Layla" or two separate breaks in "Mountain Jam" from "Eat a Peach"

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Just to date myself, I still have 78 RPM records as well as 33 1/3 and 45 RPM ones.

My Aunt showed me her old Victrola which played 78 records. You had to crank it to keep it going. You can imagine how strange songs sounded as the machine slowed and needed cranking again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home