Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sort of makes you wonder. . .

The Archbishop of Canterbury is coming to America! He is due on January 30th and he's coming to Westchester County! But he's not scheduled to go to any Episcopal churches because instead of visiting any of our churches or seminaries, the Journal News reports that he is going to the Roman Catholic seminary in Yonkers that Pope Benedict went to about a year and a half ago.

Y'know, I love doing Interfaith work and (I hope) everyone knows that Rabbi Dan, Monsignor O'Keefe, the late Father Angelo, Pastor Laura and Pastor John Havrilla I am proud to count as good friends and the best colleagues ever but . . . I think it's peculiar that while the Pope is offering to welcome whole American Anglican congregations into his church, the leader of our international church is going to a Roman Catholic seminary. Shouldn't we just focus on strengthening our own church -- instead of trying to raid each other's faithful members???? Just wondering. . .

Still, if anyone is interested in taking a road trip to Yonkers on January 30th let me know. . .

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am taken aback by that arrangement...but one can only hope that it means a more unified communion in some sense.

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous George said...

Hello St. Stephen's. I thought The Archbishop of Canterbury was going to St. Vladimers Orthodox Seminary in Yonkers. But if he is going to St. Joseph's Semimary perhaps I would like to remind you it is the seminary that your former rector studied at. :)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Pastor Susan said...

I stand corrected, George! May ecumenism reign. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home